Saturday, July 10, 2010

Robotic Dance: Body Talk Part 1 album review

I'm aware that Robyn is releasing 2 more EP albums this year but after waiting as long as 5 years for some fans this disc of only 8 tracks is a bit disappointing and leaves you wanting more. I don't like songs that do more talking then singing, the first track “Don’t F*cking Tell Me What To Do” is just too repetitive, and the swearing doesn't help. The next 7 tracks are unmistakably Robyn, from the attitude to the phrasing to the electro beats. Lead single “Dancing On My Own” picks up from where her 2007 hit “With Every Heartbeat” left off. Best tracks are “Crying On My Own”, and the reggae flavored “Dancehall Queen” (one of two songs not self penned). “Hang With Me” is a nice break and a beautiful acoustic ballad with a sweet melody. The last song “Jag vet en dejlig " (I know a lovely rose) is a lovely cover of a traditional folk song from Sweden.

The songs on the album don't quite hook you in like her last self tilted opus but it's a far cry from the teen singer who sang “Show Me Love” and was the precursor to Britney Spears.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Party like it’s 2017 Bananarama at the Apollo Eventim London

The Concert: November 20th 2017 Photo by Mike Devery, London Apollo Hammersmith I’m not sure I can justify in words how this concer...